Volunteer and Learn...
CWGS has learning opportunities underway that we wanted to make you aware of. Each year the Society organizes volunteers for important water gardening projects at Denver Botanic Gardens and The Hudson Gardens & Event Center.
At Denver Botanic Gardens:
1. Operating the Aquatics Division at the Denver Botanic Gardens' May Plant
2. Assisting with the planting and propagation of the Gardens' summer aquatic displays.
3. Assisting with the spring, fall and winter preparation of the Gardens' aquatic displays.
At The Hudson Gardens & Event Center:
1. Assisting with the propagation, installation, and maintenance of various
summer water garden displays.
2. Assisting with the spring, fall, and winter preparation of the various water garden displays.
These efforts offer opportunities for new water gardeners to learn the basics of the craft.
About volunteering at Denver Botanic Gardens and The Hudson Gardens & Event Center:
- Most volunteer efforts are focused in the spring, summer and fall.
- Spring and fall volunteer sessions at Denver Botanic Gardens take place on Sundays.
- Summer volunteer sessions take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Volunteer sessions usually run from 8:30 am - 10:30 or 11:00 am.
- Volunteer sessions at The Hudson Gardens & Event Center take place on Wednesdays.
- Volunteer sessions usually run from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Volunteering has been a tradition since the founding of the club more than 25 years ago. These volunteer sessions offer hands-on instruction in all aspects of aquatic horticulture under the experienced direction of other seasoned volunteers as well as staff at both Denver Botanic Gardens and The Hudson Gardens & Event Center.
About the Denver Botanic Gardens' May Plant Sale
- The Sale always falls on the Friday and Saturday immediately preceding Mothers Day.
- Shifts vary in length. None are longer than three hours.
- Depending upon the day and shift you select, tasks vary from setup, inventory, pricing, arranging of plants, and working with the public on sales.
Every shift has old hands and lots of printed information, so both experienced individual and newcomers are welcome to volunteer!
For more information about any Denver Botanic Garden learning/volunteer opportunities or to volunteer at the May DBG Plant Sale, contact Tamara Kilbane at (720) 865-3556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about volunteering at The Hudson Gardens & Event Center, contact Dorothy Martinez at (303) 279-3137 or email@example.com